Location: WALNUT IA
Job ID# 9598
Date Posted: 10 Jan 2017
Any work Status
Job Seekers - Watch me
Need IT Professionals?
Short Description: The Storage Administrator (STORADM) manages storage systems and associated backup systems and devices.
Complete Description: The Storage Administrator (STORADM) manages storage systems and associated backup systems and devices. Manages centralized, complex and heterogeneous storage environments, and ensures high availability and reliable access to data. Establishes storage for newly installed applications or for the migration from other storage systems. Reviews log files to identify capacity and backup errors. Provides information to end users on capacity and availability. Conducts compatibility tests with vendor-provided programs. Requires knowledge and experience in the deployment of commonly used network connectivity schemas used to connect devices requiring storage to the storage mechanism. Recovers data when lost due to failure of hardware component or other error. Conducts capacity planning reviews and implements additional storage based on pre-established solutions in order to ensure the availability of additional capacity when needed.
• Perform configuration management, problem management and monitoring of enterprise data storage systems.
• Provision storage for use by mainframes, virtual and physical servers and databases.
• Collaborate with other IT personnel on technology and support design and issues.
• Configure and manage DR replication to ensure the ability to rapidly recover systems during outage events.
• Monitor health and utilization of systems. Perform trending and performance analysis. Provide health and performance reporting and take appropriate actions based on trends in data.
Location - E Walnut.