Location: DES MOINES IA
Job ID# 9600
Date Posted: 11 Jan 2017
Any work Status
Approx. 1 Year
Job Seekers - Watch me
Need IT Professionals?
Short Description: Scrum Product Owner – Technical Specialist
Complete Description: As a passionate Scrum Product Owner, this TS position will be joining an Agile Scrum team in the Office of the Chief Information Officer (OCIO) at the State of Iowa. OCIO is committed to utilizing modern technologies and methodologies in order to deliver secure, high-quality technical solutions to its business partners. The Scrum Product Owner will be joining a project that is already in process. The ideal candidate will act as the product champion, and will be able to evangelize the product vision effectively to their team and to stakeholders. As a Product Owner, you will translate business strategies into product strategies, story journeys, roadmaps, minimum viable releases, epics, and user stories. Experience with the Drupal content management platform is highly desired.
5 years’ experience as an agile scrum product owner with the following responsibilities:
• Act as primary day-to-day point of contact for the business partner and the operational aspects of the project.
• Facilitate regular status meetings with project team, sponsors, and all stakeholders. Solicit stakeholder feedback to validate priorities and compromises. Ensure tem is building the “right” product.
• Participate in daily standup meetings, Sprint Planning Meetings, Sprint Reviews, and Retrospectives
• Develop and manage the product backlog. Prioritize, design, and implement new features and enhancements.
• Write user stories as part of a Scrum project framework that:
• Directly support primary objectives of the project
• Are appropriate in size for iterative development
• Include clear, specific and testable acceptance criteria
• Take into account dependencies on other stories and/or projects & initiatives
• Validate completed work during the development process
• Create end-user documentation and assist in end-user training
• Manage risks and track issues throughout the project
• Manage the time reporting tasks and financials (SOW) for the project
• Experience working in Test Driven Development and Behavior Driven Development environments
• Experience working with teams that developed web-based solutions using Drupal, PHP and Amazon Web Services
• Ability to write simple SQL queries