Sr. Project Manager
|Sign up for Job Alert|
Any work Status
Position: Sr. Project manager. Prefer someone with utilities experience.
Local candidates preferred: Client may have preference for local to Texas candidates.
Visa Restrictions: Authorized to work in the US. (US Citizen, green card and H1B’s are okay).
Interview: Prefer face-to-face interviews, but Skype is definitely an option. Note: They take candidates and schedule interviews as resumes/profiles are submitted to them.
Interview: Phone and face to face will be required. (Prefer local candidates.)
Client is seeking a Senior Project Manager with a strong track record with successful delivery of Enterprise Change and Configuration Management solution projects. The primary responsibility of this position is to plan and management the delivery of significant improvements to Client’s Change and Configuration Management systems that meet business objectives by: organizing stakeholder contributions, planning project resources, estimating effort durations, managing project budget, tracking project milestones, and implementing of the deliverables. The Client Project Management Process framework will be followed which includes initiation, planning, execution, and closing phases for project delivery.
Essential Job Duties
- Develops project plans specifying milestones, tasks, start/end durations and resource allocations for each phase of the project.
- Identifies, manages and tracks project deliverables, milestones, and required tasks.
- Coordinates work tasks with project personnel.
- Lead and coordinate cross-functional teams that are responsible for all aspects of a project.
- Manage and drive project schedule, risk and issue management, scope, and change management.
- Assigns duties, responsibilities, and scope of authority to project personnel.
- Directs and coordinates activities of project personnel to ensure project progresses on schedule and within prescribed budget.
- Directs and coordinates activities of vendors to ensure project deliverables & timelines are met.
- Manages and monitors the work of the team, to ensure the high priority items stay on track, while promoting teamwork.
- Manages project budget and reporting.
- Coordinates and responds to requests for changes from original specifications.
- Demonstrates accountability for the results of the team.
- Monitors metrics to track team performance against schedule expectations and budget.
- Manage and tracking of project documentation.
- Prepares project status reports and keeps management, customers, and others informed of project status and related risks/issues.
- Monitors project results against specifications.
- Ensures the creation of test plans.
- Ensures sufficient functional and integrated testing completed on new/modified code.
- Directs application/solution testing.
- Completes project reviews.
- Obtains, through customer satisfaction and acceptance testing, project signoff of completion.
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, or related field with 8 years’ applicable experience is required.
- 5+ years’ Project Management experience
- 2+ years’ experience in at least two of the following IT functions:
- (IT Change Management, IT Configuration Management, or IT Operations Reporting and Dashboarding)
- Experience in the execution of a rollout of change management, in a dynamic and constantly changing environment.
- Experience in consulting customers with the cultural changes of business process changes.
- Experience with Agile project delivery methods
- Experience with automated testing solutions and approaches
- Project scheduling, using Microsoft Project
- Project planning
- Project budget tracking
- Presentation skills, to include presenting to executives and sponsors
- Written and verbal communication skills
- Technical and infrastructure knowledge.
· Project Management Professional (PMP) certification.
- 2+ years’ experience leading the delivery of enterprise change and configuration management solutions.
- Task assignment and tracking using JIRA.
- Understanding of the client energy, market, and utility business.