Location: HARRISBURG PA
Job ID# 9604
Date Posted: 11 Jan 2017
Any work Status
Approx. 1 Year
Job Seekers - Watch me
Need IT Professionals?
Short Description: We are looking for an experienced enterprise Network/Video Engineer. Genetec or other centralized security and video management platform experience preferred.
***Req requires in-person interview***.
Complete Description: ***This requisition requires onsite in-person first round interviews only***
We are looking for an experienced enterprise Network/Video Engineer to fill an open position on an existing team. This team is focused on the design, monitoring, and management of our network and video distribution systems.
Must be comfortable in a team environment but also self-motivated. Must be able to manage your time well and prioritize multiple tasks and projects. We are looking for highly technical, well spoken, eager individuals with numerous years of experience in a large enterprise environment. Certificates (i.e. CCNA/CCNP) are a plus but not required if the candidate possess the hands on experience that would be equivalent.
General Responsibilities and required fundamental knowledge:
• Network Video distribution
• Knowledge of Voice and Video communication technologies including video codecs such as MPEG4 and H.264
• ONVIF, PTZ serial protocols such as RS232 and 485, and camera installation
• Central video management software.
• Genetec Security Center video archiver
• Multicast with IGMP and PIM
• Firewall experience, rule add/remove/change, NAT, and site to site VPN
• Routing with emphasis on EIGRP and BGP protocols with multi VRF designs.
• Switching with emphasis on non-Cisco devices, STP, and fiber switches.
• Point to point wireless communication and radio communications
• Documentation, Visio 2010+, database experience, excel.
• Perform troubleshooting of network issues
• Daily interaction with our users and business partners. Excellent written and verbal communications skills a must
• Travel possible when we have hardware deployments
• Overnight or after hours work possible as with any network job but not the norm.