- 7+ years of total IT experience
- 7+ years of Database Developer / Data Analyst / Migration Developer / Data warehousing/BI Expert/ ETL Expert.
- I have 7+ years of IT experience focusing on Data warehousing, Data modeling, Data integration, Data Migration, ETL process and Business Intelligence.
- Package Software: Expertise in Informatica ETL and reporting tools. Deep understanding of the Data Warehousing SDLC and architecture of ETL, reporting and BI tools.
- Drawing on Experience in all aspects of analytics/data warehousing solutions (Database issues, Data modeling, Data mapping, ETL Development, metadata management, data migration and reporting solutions) I have been key in delivering innovative database /data warehousing solutions to the Retail, Pharma and Finance Industries.
- Strong understanding of Data Modeling (Relational, dimensional, Star and Snowflake Schema), Data analysis, implementations of Data warehousing using Windows and UNIX.
- Developed mappings in Informatica to load the data from various sources into the Data warehouse different transformations like Source Qualifier, JAVA, Expression, Lookup, Aggregate, Update Strategy and Joiner.
- Extensive experience in developing stored procedures, functions, Views and Triggers, Complex queries using SQL Server, TSQL and Oracle PL/SQL
- Experience in resolving on-going maintenance issues and bug fixes; monitoring Informatica sessions as well as performance tuning of mappings and sessions
- SDLC: 7 years of IT experience in system analysis, design, coding and testing. Extensive experience in the Data Warehousing implementations, Data Migration and ETL for Retail, Product Development, Finance and Pharma Domain.
- Databases: 7 years of experience using Oracle 10g/9i/8i/8.0/7.0, DB2 8.0/7.0/6.0,MS SQL Server 2000/ 2005/2008, Sybase, MS Access 7.0/2000, SQL, PL/SQL, SQL*Plus, SQL*Loader, TOAD.
- Database Development and Analysis: 7 years of experience in Database Development using mainly Oracle database. Experience with Data Cleansing, Data Profiling and Data analysis. UNIX Shell Scripting, SQL and PL/SQL coding.
- Database / ETL Performance Tuning: Broad Experience in Database Development including effective use of Database objects, SQL Trace, Explain Plan, Different types of Optimizers, Hints, Indexes, Table Partitions, Sub Partitions, Materialized Views, Global Temporary tables, Autonomous Transitions, Bulk Binds, Capabilities of using Oracle Built-in Functions. Performance Tuning of Informatica Mapping and workflow.
- Data Modeling: 5years of Dimensional Data Modeling experience using Erwin 4.5/7.3 and Ralph Kimball Approach, Star/Snowflake Modeling, Data marts, OLAP, FACT & Dimensions tables, Physical & Logical data modeling, and Data Modeling Tools Visio.
- ETL: 5years of Data Warehousing experience using Informatica PowerCenter 8.6/8.4/7.1.4. Excellent skills in implementing ETL Packages using DTS and SSIS 2008/ 2005.
- Business Intelligence: 2 years ofBusiness Intelligenceexperience usingCrystal Reports XI. And working knowledge of Cognos.
- Superior communication skills, strong decision making and organizational skills along with outstanding analytical and problem solving skills to undertake challenging jobs. Able to work well independently and also in a team by helping to troubleshoot technology and business related problems.
- Bachelor of Technology from Jawaharlal Nehru Technological University (JNTU), Hyderabad, India.
- Working with business users and business analyst for requirements gathering and business analysis.
- Converted business requirement into high level and low level design.
- Designing and customizing data models for Data warehouse supporting data from multiple sources on real time.
- Extracted data from different flat files, MS Excel, MS Access and transformed the data based on user requirement using Informatica Power Center and loaded data into target, by scheduling the sessions.
- Worked on Informatica Power Center 8.6 tool - Source Analyzer, Data Warehousing designer, Mapping & Mapplet Designer and Transformation Designer. Developed Informatica mappings and also in tuning of mappings for better performance.
- Used Normalizer transformation with COBOL sources stored in DB2.
- Created reusable mapplets and Transformations starting concurrent batch process in server and did backup, recovery and tuning of sessions.
- Created sequential batches and concurrent batches for sessions.
- Developed PL/SQL procedures/packages to kickoff the SQL Loader control files/procedures to load the data into Oracle.
- Worked with Memory cache for static and dynamic cache for the better throughput of sessions containing Rank, Lookup, Joiner, Sorter and Aggregator transformations.
- Created SSIS Packages to extract data from Excel Files, MS Access files using Pivot Transformation, Fuzzy Lookup, Derived Columns, Condition Split, Term extraction, Aggregate, Execute SQL Task, Data Flow Task, Execute Package Task etc to generate underlying data for the reports and to export cleaned data from Excel Spreadsheets, Text file, MS Access and CSV files to data warehouse
- Written SQL Scripts and PL/SQL Scripts to extract data from Database and for Testing Purposes.
- Supporting daily loads and work with business users to handle rejected data.
- Developed Interfaces using UNIX Shell Scripts to automate the bulk load & update Processes.
- Executing test scripts to verify actual results against expected results by using Power Connect for source (DB2) validation and Oracle for target validations.
- Stored reformatted data from relational, flat file, XML files using Informatica.
- Implemented data cleansing for files using Informatica and trillium.
- Done automation of file provisioning process using UNIX, Informatica mappings and Oracle utilities.
- Involved in the analysis of the user requirements and identifying the sources.
- Created technical specification documents based on the requirements by using S2T Documents.
- Involved in the preparation of High level design documents and Low level design documents.
- Involved in Design, analysis, Implementation, Testing and support of ETL processes for Stage, ODS and Mart.
- Prepared ETL standards, Naming conventions and wrote ETL flow documentation for Stage, ODS and Mart.
- Administered the repository by creating folders and logins for the group members and assigning necessary privileges.
- Used Trillium as a Data Cleansing tool to correct the data before loading into the staging area.
- Collect and link metadata from diverse sources, including relational databases and flat files.
- Designed and developed Informatica’s Mappings and Sessions based on business user requirements and business rules to load data from source flat files and oracle tables to target tables.
- Worked on various kinds of transformations like Expression, Aggregator, Stored Procedure, Java, Lookup, Filter, Joiner, Rank, Router and Update Strategy.
- Developed reusable Mapplets and Transformations.
- Used debugger to debug mappings to gain troubleshooting information about data and error conditions.
- Involved in monitoring the workflows and in optimizing the load times.
- Used Change Data Capture (CDC) to simplify ETL in data warehouse applications.
- Involved in writing procedures, functions in PL/SQL.
- Developed mappings in Informatica using BAPI and ABAP function calls in SAP.
- Understand how the IDOC works in SAP, Analyze the functional and technical documents in SAP to implement them in Informatica using Power Connect
- Involved in extensive performance tuning by determining bottlenecks at various points like targets, sources, mappings, sessions or system. This led to better session performance.
- Worked with SQL*Loader tool to load the bulk data into Database.
- Prepared UNIX Shell Scripts and these shell scripts will be scheduled in AUTOSYS for automatic execution at the specific timings.
- Having good experience in Cognos, BO Administration.
- Rational Clear case is used to Controlling versions of all files & Folders (Check-out, Check-in)
- Prepared test Scenarios and Test cases in HP Quality Center and involved in unit testing of mappings, system testing and user acceptance testing.
- Defect Tracking and reports are done by Rational Clear Quest.
- Developed Logical and Physical data models that capture current state/future state data elements and data flows using Erwin 4.5.
- Responsible for design and build data mart as per the requirements.
- Extracted Data from various sources like Data Files, different customized tools like Meridian and Oracle.
- Extensively worked on Views, Stored Procedures, Triggers and SQL queries and for loading the data (staging) to enhance and maintain the existing functionality.
- Done analysis of Source, Requirements, existing OLTP system and identification of required dimensions and facts from the Database.
- Created Data acquisition and Interface System Design Document.
- Designed the Dimensional Model of the Data Warehouse Confirmation of source data layouts and needs.
- Extensively used Oracle ETL process for address data cleansing.
- Developed and tuned all the Affiliations received from data sources using Oracle and Informatica and tested with high volume of data.
- Responsible for developing, support and maintenance for the ETL (Extract, Transform and Load) processes using Oracle and Informatica PowerCenter.
- Created common reusable objects for the ETL team and overlook coding standards.
- Reviewed high-level design specification, ETL coding and mapping standards.
- Designed new database tables to meet business information needs. Designed Mapping document, which is a guideline to ETL Coding.
- Used ETL to extract files for the external vendors and coordinated that effort.
- Migrated mappings from Development to Testing and from Testing to Production.
- Performed Unit Testing and tuned for better performance.
- Created various Documents such as Source-to-Target Data mapping Document, and Unit Test Cases Document.
- Involved in requirement gathering and performed ETL Process.
- Created Dimension Tables and Fact Tables based on the warehouse design.
- Wrote Triggers and Stored Procedures using PL/SQL for Incremental updates
- Integrated various sources in to the Staging area in Data warehouse to Integrate and for Cleansing data.
- Involved in building of the Data Warehouse which includes the Design of Data mart using Star Schema
- Created the Source and Target Definitions in Informatica Power Center Designer
- Created Reusable Transformations and Mapplets to use in Multiple Mappings
- Developed and updated documentation of processes and system.
- Done Modeling and populating the business rules using mappings into the Repository for Metadata management.
- Understand the business needs and implement the same into a functional database design.
- Designing Logical and Physical Database Designing using Erwin tool.
- Involved in admin tasks like analyzing Table space requirement, load balancing and performance.
- Created Shared and Distributed Catalogs for the Users, also Created Calculations, conditions and Prompts in catalogs by using Oracle Procedures and Packages.
- Implemented Triggers, Views, Synonyms, Hints, Partitioning of Tables, Clustered and Non-clustered indexing. Extensive work on the performance tuning of Oracle ETL process.
- Developed Standard Reports, Cross-tab Reports Charts, and Drill through Crystal Reports.
- Writing PL/SQL procedures for processing business logic in the database. Tuning of SQL queries for better performance.
- Created primary Database storage structures (Table Spaces, Segment, Extent, Data files, Data blocks) and objects (Tables, Views, and Indexes).
- Created and maintained Table Spaces, rollback segments and indexes for applications.
- Managed security of the application by granting and revoking various privileges/roles to users and applications.
- Done Installations and configurations of Oracle Databases.
ETL Informatica PowerCenter 8.6.1/8.1/7.1/7.0/6.2/5.1,Visual Studio 2010, Business Intelligence Studio 2008, SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS) 2005/2008, SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS) 2008, SQL Server 2008 R2,, Power Mart 6.2/5.1/4.7 (Workflow Manager, Workflow Monitor, Warehouse Designer, Source Analyzer, Transformation developer, Mapplet Designer, Mapping Designer, Repository manager) PowerConnect, Power Analyzer, ETL, Data Mining, Data mart, OLAP, OLTP, Autosys, IMS Rx Data.
Data Cleansing Trillium 7.6/6.x (Converter, Parser, Matcher & Geocoder
BI & Reporting Business Objects 6.5 Crystal Reports xi/6.x, working knowledge of Cognos 8.4,Reporting Services SQL Server.
Data Modeling Erwin 4.5/7.3, Logical Modeling, Physical Modeling, Relational Modeling, ER Diagrams, Dimensional Data Modeling (Star Schema Modeling, Snowflake Schema Modeling, FACT and Dimensions Tables), Entities, Attributes, Cardinality, MS Visio
Databases Oracle 10g/9i, MS SQL Server 2000/2005/2008, Sybase 12.x/11.x SQL Navigator, Teradata, SQL*Loader, MS Access 2000.
Others C, Unix Shell Scripting, SQL, PL/SQL,ANSI SQL,JAVA, Transact SQL, SQL*Plus ,HTML 4.0,ODBC,SSIS, Quest TOAD.
Environment UNIX (Sun Solaris 2.6/2.7, HP-UX, IBM AIX 4.2/4.3), Windows 2003/2000/XP/98.
Confidential, New York May 2011 – Till Date
Role: ETL developer
Project: Finance Management
Description:The project of the goal is to assist with the implementation of Capital Program Management System(CPMS).Provide a single Capital project tracking system which will combine data from a proprietary software known as Q&A, various MS Excel spreadsheets and MS Access databases, NYC Financial Management System (FMS) and Automated Procurement Tracking system (APT) and integrate it with information systems from other divisions, agencies, and outside organizations.
Environment:Power Center 8.6.1, Flat files, MS Excel Files, MS Access, SSIS 2008, Oracle 9i/10g, Erwin 7.3, Power Designer, MS SQL Server 2005/2000, PL/SQL, IBM DB2 8.0, Teradata V2R5, Mainframes, Toad, Perl, Unix scripting, Windows NT, Autosys, Microsoft Project Plan.
Confidential, New York City, NY. Mar ’10 – April ‘11
Role: ETL developer
Project: Marketing Infrastructure
Description: The project goal is to combine data from 9 different systems to one centralized place which involved lot of business and technical analysis.
Environment:Informatica PowerCenter 8.6/8.1 (PowerCenter Designer, workflow manager, workflow monitor, PowerConnect), Oracle Data integrator, MS Visio, ERWIN,IBM MQ series, BO XI R3, Cognos 8, SQL*Loader, HP Quality Center, Oracle9i/10g, Teradata,PL/ SQL, Sybase, AUTOSYS, Rational Clear case, Rational Clear Quest, Windows XP, TOAD, UNIX.
Confidential, New York City, NY Mar’08-Jan’10
Role: ETL developer/Analyst
Project: Claim Data warehouse
Description: Huge project to merge few source system and make one centralized claim data warehouse.
Environment:Informatica Power Center 8.1/7.1.2, Erwin 4.5, Oracle 10g/9i, Teradata V2R5, XML, PL/SQL, SQL Server 2005/2000 (Enterprise Manager, Query Analyzer), Sybase, SQL* Loader, SQL * Plus, Autosys, OLAP, Windows XP/NT/2000, Sun Solaris UNIX, MS Office 2003, Visio Project, Shell scripts, Mainframe.
Confidential, Durham, NC Nov ’06-Jan ‘08
Role: Informatica Developer
Project: Account Data mart
Description: In this project, a huge data warehouse is maintained that enables management and the sales team to analyze the business over a period of time. Budgeting and forecasting decisions are based on the reports produced using this data warehouse.
Environment:Informatica Power Center 6.2/7.1, Power Connect, Business Objects 6.5/6.0, Erwin 4.0, Oracle 9i, Teradata V2R5, Autosys, Toad, SQL, PL/SQL, Sun Solaris 8.0 and Windows 2000, UNIX shell Scripts, Mainframe.
Confidential, New York City, NY Mar ’05- Oct ‘06
Role:Database Developer and Analyst
Description:Merging of two websites both are women's apparel company. Project is related to combine data from both websites and apply business rules.
Environment:Erwin 3.5, Oracle 8i/9i, SQL Server 2000,PL/SQL, SQL * Loader, TOAD, UNIX Shell Scripting, MS SQL server 2000, Cognos 7.0, Sun Solaris 2.6 UNIX, Windows NT 4.0.
Confidential, Chennai, India. Oct’04- Mar’05
Role: Oracle Developer
Environment: Oracle 8.0/7.3,PL/SQL,Pentium PC with Windows NT, UNIX 5.7, SQL, PL/SQL, Shell scripting, Oracle Forms, Reports 6i/8i, TOAD, Erwin, Autosys, SQL Loader.
|< Prev||Next >|