- Over 7 years of programming experience as an Oracle PL/SQL Developer in Analysis, Design and Implementation of Business Applications using the Oracle Relational Database Management System (RDBMS).
- Involved in all phases of the SDLC (Software Development Life Cycle) from analysis, design, development, testing, implementation and maintenance with timely delivery against aggressive deadlines.
- Experience with Data flow diagrams, Data dictionary, Database normalization theory techniques, Entity relation modeling and design techniques.
- Expertise in Client-Server application development using Oracle 11g/10g/9i/8i, PL/SQL, SQL *PLUS, TOAD and SQL*LOADER.
- Effectively made use of Table Functions, Indexes, Table Partitioning, Collections, Analytical functions, Materialized Views, Query Re-Write and Transportable table spaces.
- Strong experience in Data warehouse concepts, ETL.
- Good knowledge on logical and physical Data Modeling using normalizing Techniques.
- Created Tables, Views, Constraints, Index (B Tree, Bitmap and Function Based).
- Developed Complex database objects like Stored Procedures, Functions, Packages and Triggers using SQL and PL/SQL.
- Developed materialized views for data replication in distributed environments.
- Excellent technical and analytical skills with clear understanding of design goals of ER modeling for OLTP and dimension modeling for OLAP.
- Experience in Oracle supplied packages,Dynamic SQL, Records and PL/SQL Tables.
- Loaded Data into Oracle Tables using SQL Loader.
- Partitioned large Tables using range partition technique.
- Experience with Oracle Supplied Packages such as DBMS_SQL,DBMS_JOB and UTL_FILE.
- Created Packages and Procedures to automatically drop table indexes and create indexes for the tables.
- Worked extensively on Ref Cursor, External Tables and Collections.
- Expertise in Dynamic SQL, Collections and Exception handling.
- Experience in SQL performance tuning using Cost-Based Optimization (CBO).
- Good knowledge of key Oracle performance related features such as Query Optimizer, Execution Plans and Indexes.
- Experience with Performance Tuning for Oracle RDBMS using Explain Plan and HINTS.
- Experience in ETL techniques and Analysis and Reporting including hands on experience with the Reporting tools such as Cognos.
- Created Shell Scripts for invoking SQL scripts and scheduled them using crontab.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, analytical skills and strong ability to perform as part of a team.
Databases: Oracle 7.x/8i/9i/10g/11g (SQL, PL/SQL, Stored Procedures, Triggers), MS SQL SERVER 2000/2005/2008, DB2/UDB, Teradata, SAP Tables and MS Access.
ETL Tools: Informatica (PowerCenter 5.1/6.2/7.1/8.6.1/9.1.0, PowerMart 5.1, Power Connect/Power Exchange for SAP R/3, MainFrame and Oracle Change Data Capture (CDC), AB Initio 1.8 and SQL*Loader.
Reporting Tools: Business Objects Developer Suite 5.1/BO XIR2, Cognos Suite, Cognos Report Net 1.1MR2, Crystal Reports, Oracle Reports 2.5
Operating Systems: UNIX(Sun Solaris, LINUX, HP UNIX, AIX), Windows NT/98/95/2000 & Windows XP.
Data Modeling: Erwin 3.5.2,4.0
Languages/Utilities: SQL, PL/SQL, Unix shell scripts, Java, XML, C and Cobol.
Other Tools: AutoSys, Control-M, PVCS, WIN CVS, Informatica Data Quality, B2B Data Transformation, Informatica Power Exchange Informatica 9.1.0 Developer/Analyst, TPump, Fast Load, BTEQ
Bachelor’s in Computer Science
Project Name: Confidential
Client: Confidential, NJ
Role: Oracle PL/SQL Developer
Duration: Sep’ 11 – PresentDescription:
The PIAS (Property Insurance Application System) used by Personal lines department which involves in providing homeowners insurance application. This Product does not enable users to capture Dwelling applications beyond creation of Reference number. In this Release the product is enabled to capture Dwelling new business applications through PIAS.
- Coordinated with the front end design team to provide them with the necessary stored procedures and packages and the necessary insight into the data.
- Worked on SQL*Loader to load data from flat files obtained from various facilities every day.
- Created and modified several UNIX shellScripts according to the changing needs of the project and client requirements.
- Wrote Unix Shell Scripts to process the files on daily basis like renaming the file, extracting date from the file, unzipping the file and remove the junk characters from the file before loading them into the base tables.
- Involved in the continuous enhancements and fixing of production problems.
- Generated server side PL/SQL scripts for data manipulation and validation and materialized views for remote instances.
- Developed PL/SQL triggers and master tables for automatic creation of primary keys.
- Created PL/SQL stored procedures, functionsandpackages for moving the data from staging area to data mart.
- Created scripts to create new tables, views, queries for new enhancement in the application using TOAD.
- Created indexes on the tables for faster retrieval of the data to enhance database performance.
- Involved in data loading using PL/SQL and SQL*Loader calling UNIX scripts to download and manipulate files.
- Performed SQL and PL/SQL tuning and Application tuning using various tools like EXPLAIN PLAN, SQL*TRACE, TKPROF and AUTOTRACE.
- Extensively involved in using hints to direct the optimizer to choose an optimum query execution plan.
- Used Bulk Collections for better performance and easy retrieval of data, by reducing context switching between SQL and PL/SQL engines.
- Created PL/SQL scripts to extract the data from the operational database into simple flat text files using UTL_FILE package.
- Creation of database objects like tables, views, materialized views, procedures and packages using oracle tools like Toad, PL/SQL Developer and SQL* plus.
- Partitioned the fact tables and materialized views to enhance the performance.
- Extensively used bulk collection in PL/SQL objects for improving the performing.
- Created records, tables, collections (nested tables and arrays) for improving Query performance by reducing context switching.
- Used Pragma Autonomous Transaction to avoid mutating problem in database trigger.
- Extensively used the advanced features of PL/SQL like Records, Tables, Object types and Dynamic SQL.
- Handled errors using Exception Handling extensively for the ease of debugging and displaying the error messages in the application.
Environment: Oracle 11g, SQL * Plus, TOAD, SQL*Loader, SQL Developer, Shell Scripts, UNIX, Windows XP
Project Name: Confidential
Client: Confidential, DE
Role: Oracle PL/SQL Developer
Duration: Jun’ 07 to Aug’ 11
Bank of America is the leading financial institution in USA. Customer information systems hold customer, account, address, offer, service, statement related details in IMS and DB2 databases. CIS systems passes customer information to ATM, call centers , online banking , mobile banking systems in online and batch mode.
- Developed Advance PL/SQLpackages, procedures, triggers, functions, Indexes and Collections to implement business logic using SQLNavigator. Generated server side PL/SQLscripts for data manipulation and validation and materialized views for remote instances.
- Created management analysis reporting using ParallelQueries, Javastoredprocedure, HTPPackage and WEB.SHOW_DOCUMENT. Participated in change and code reviews to understand the testing needs of the change components. Worked on troubleshooting defects in timely manner.
- Involved in creating UNIXshellScripting. Defragmentation of tables, partitioning, compressing and indexes for improved performance and efficiency. Involved in table redesigning with implementation of Partitions Table and Partition Indexes to make Database Faster and easier to maintain.
- Experience in DatabaseApplicationDevelopment, Query Optimization, Performance Tuning and DBA solutions and implementation experience in complete SystemDevelopmentLifeCycle.
- Used SQL Server SSIStool to build high performance data integration solutions including extraction, transformation and load packages for datawarehousing. Extracted data from the XML file and loaded it into the database.
- Designed and developed Oracle forms & reports generating up to 60 reports.
- Performed modifications on existing form as per change request and maintained it.
- Used Crystal Reports to track logins, mouse overs, click-through, session durations and demographical comparisons with SQL database of customer information.
- Worked on SQL*Loader to load data from flat files obtained from various facilities every day. Used standard packages like UTL_FILE, DMBS_SQL, and PL/SQL Collections and used BULK Binding involved in writing database procedures, functions and packages for Front End Module.
- Used principles of Normalization to improve the performance. Involved in ETL code using PL/SQL in order to meet requirements for Extract, transformation, cleansing and loading of data from source to target datastructures.
- Involved in the continuous enhancements and fixing of production problems. Designed, implemented and tuned interfaces and batch jobs using PL/SQL. Involved in data replication and high availability design scenarios with Oracle Streams. Developed UNIXShellscripts to automate repetitive databaseprocesses.
Environment: VB 6, JAVA, Oracle 10g/11g, PL/SQL, SQL*LOADER, Oracle Streams 10g (Replication), SQL PLUS, HTML, SQL Server SSIS, TOAD, XML, HP-UNIX shell scripting.
Project Name: Confidential
Role: Oracle Developer/Analyst
Duration: Apr’ 06 to May’ 07
Worked in an application which is a corporate customer transaction facility created for the RBS customers to do payments. The Project covered addition of new enhancements to the application like financial transfers, Inter Account Transfers (IAT) and development of the same.
- Used Oracle JDeveloper to support JA Built complex queries using SQL and wrote stored procedures using PL/SQL in Various API’s like Java, .Net and Hierarchical databases like Oracle and Access.
- Developed and modified a number of Forms and for various modules. Also responsible for following up bugs reported by various users and suggesting possible patches to be applied.
- Wrote Shell Scripts for Data loading and DDL Scripts.
- Worked in Production Support Environment as well as QA/TEST environments for projects, work orders, maintenance requests, bug fixes, enhancements, data changes, etc.
- Used Oracle JDeveloper to support JAVA, JSP and HTML codes used in modules.
- Wrote conversion scripts using SQL, PL/SQL, stored procedures, functions and packages to migrate data from SQL server database to Oracle database.
- Performed Database Administration of all database objects including tables, clusters, indexes, views, sequences packages and procedures.
- Implemented 11g and upgraded the existing database from Oracle 9i to Oracle 11g.
- Involved in Logical & Physical Database Layout Design.
- Set-up and Design of Backup and Recovery Strategy for various databases.
- Performance tuning of Oracle Databases and User applications.
- Used SQL*Loader as an ETL tool to load data into the staging tables.
- Used DTS Packages as ETL tool for migrating Data from SQL Server 2000 to Oracle 10g.
- Provided user training and production support.
- Improved the performance of the application by rewriting the SQL queries.
- Wrote packages to fetch complex data from different tables in remote databases using joins, sub queries and database links.
Environment: VB 6, Oracle 9i/10g/11g SQL, PL/SQL, Forms 9i, Reports 9i, SQL*Loader, SQL Navigator, Crystal Reports, TOAD.
Project Name: Confidential, Mumbai, India (Contractor to Accenture)
Role: Oracle Developer/Analyst
Duration: Feb’ 04 to Mar’ 06
This system keeps track of day-to-day bank operations like deposits, withdrawals, demand drafts, different types of loans (mortgage business) for the customers as well as the employees.
- Involved in full development cycle of Planning, Analysis, Design, Development, Testing and Implementation.
- Designed logical and physical data models for star and snowflake schemas using Erwin.
- Wrote sequences for automatic generation of unique keys to support primary and foreign key constraints in data conversions.
- Created and modified SQL*Plus, PL/SQL and SQL*Loader scripts for data conversions.
- Upgraded Oracle 9i to 10g software in different environments for latest features and also tested databases.
- Developed and modified triggers, packages, functions and stored procedures for data conversions and PL/SQL procedures to create database objects dynamically based on user inputs.
- Wrote SQL, PL/SQL, SQL*Plus programs required to retrieve data using cursors and exception handling.
- Worked on XML along with PL/SQL to develop and modify web forms.
- Designed Data Modeling, Design Specifications and to analyze Dependencies.
- Creating indexes on tables to improve the performance by eliminating the full table scans and views for hiding the actual tables and to eliminate the complexity of the large queries.
- Fine-tuned procedures/SQL queries for maximum efficiency in various databases using Oracle Hints, for Rule based optimization.
- Used Discoverer 2000 to provide end users easy access to data and help in data analysis.
- Created some Custom reports and Forms for the end users to check the details and errors.
Environment: Oracle 9i, 10g, SQL*Plus, PL/SQL, Erwin 4.1, Oracle Designer 2000, Windows 2000, Toad.
|< Prev||Next >|